Mail & MailingListManager Hacks Archive
These hacks are really cool!
- Session timeout for MLM -
A script to handle session timeout.
- MLM image handling fix
- A script to handle image forms as well as standard forms for submission.
- MLM with Customisable Headers and Footers -
- Standard Footers for MailingListManager
- How to include a standard footer in all mailing list mails sent out.
- Solving the Email from "Nobody" Problem
- have you wondered why some servers seem to always send
emails from "nobody"? Well here is the solution!
- Windows Email Daemon - solves the problem of non-scalable
windows email clietns which may die when sending dozens of simultaneous
emails out of a CGI app.
- Multiple Announcement
Mailing List - Check out this cool modification
for multiple announcements with Mailing List Manager.
- Mail Hijack -
This hack is used to replace mail-lib.pl when you are testing scripts
on a local server and do not want the mail routines to cause errors.
- sent in
this set of extensions to the MAIL
libraries. James added Blat and PGP libraries for your convenience.
Penguin - Excellent Mail sorting app by
polls multiple POP boxes periodically, then retrieves
any waiting mail it finds, and compares header information
against the contents of several different files in order
to determine who's supposed to get each piece of mail,
and finally delivers it, by direct disk write if possible,
or by having an SMTP conversation otherwise. (It could
as easily have a conversation with a local delivery agent.)
- Quick Mail - Fire off email to a list
of email addresses. Please do not use this to SPAM!
- Sorting the Mailing List File - Here
is a quick little scriptlet that will sort the contents of
your mailing list. I use the script in order to delete
- Modifications to sendmail_lib.pl
email fields on an HTML form on the client side.
This is useful if you want to prevent totally