- Just a quick note before we dive into the really fun stuff...
- Truthfully, you do not really need a book or a tutorial to learn
HTML. In fact, you have hundreds of thousands of excellent examples
from which you can learn for free.
- Any good web designer should spend a certain amount of time per
week simply browsing the web, scanning for neat new ideas and
bookmarking the sites where they are to be found.
- When you find a good site, take some time to "view the source" of
the web page.
- Every web browser has a "view source" option from the menu bar
that allows you to read the actual HTML code that generated a page
you are looking at.
- With the HTML source in hand, you can easily reverse engineer even
the most complex HTML page designs.
- So long as you do not steal content outright, the "sharing" of
design tricks is one of the foundations upon which the web was built.
A courteous thank you note is probably in order when you utilize
complex and cool design ideas though :)
- That said, let's get into some of the fun features of advanced
Previous Page |