Introducton to Web Design
Linking to Another Document
- So how do you create a link?
- To create a link, you will use the "anchor" tag that uses the
standard opening and closing format such as <A></A>.
- However, you will never use the anchor tag by itself.
- Rather, you will always include the HREF attribute that defines
the location that the anchor points to. You will also include some
text or image that will be "clickable".
- Thus, to create a link to The Extropia Homepage, we use the
following anchor tag:
<A HREF = "">eXtropia</A>
- The previous anchor tag appears like this on the web...
- Notice that the value for the HREF attribute is a URL and that the
words "Electric Eye" were used as the text that should be clickable.
If you click on the text, you will be transported to the Electric Eye
Previous Page |