- Well it seems from the previous sections that there are thousands of
possible colors for you to choose from.
- However, in reality, you are greatly limited by the colors that are
supported by the browser software, the user's monitor, and all sorts
of other little technical issues.
- Thus, it is best to limit your selection to a group of colors called
"browser safe colors" that you can be sure will be represented on
everyone's machine in a similar way.
- These colors are made up of combinations of the hexadecimal values:
00, 33, 66, 99, CC, and FF that are determined mathematically
according to cross-platform considerations and that represent 216
possible color hues.
- This goes for custom graphics as well. Whenever you work with
color on the web, take time to make sure that you are working in the
browser safe color palette.
Browser Safe Color Resources
Previous Page |