Give it presence...
Do it with a Bevel.
Clip art from Corel.
Part 2: Next Page
IV...Create Five Masks: Save Selection...
V....Use masks to cut parts: Load
Part 3: Part 3 Page
VI....Add Effects: Apply surface and lighting
VII...Final Enhancements: Tweak and
I. Make changes in the Preferences
- Open Preferences (File > Preferences).
- Units & Rulers: Duplicate the sample settings.
- Guides & Grid: Duplicate the sample settings.
II...New File Creation
and Image Transfer.
- Create a new Photoshop file (File > New...).
- Width:..........252 pixel
- Height:........198 pixel
- Resolution:..72 pixel/inch
- Mode:..........RGB Color
- Open your art work selection (File > Open...).
- Crop the art work to the Bevel_Test proportions.
- Select the Crop Tool from the Toolbox
- Turn on Tool Info with Windows > Show Info.
- Use the Tool Info feedback to Crop the image to W:252 and H: 198.
- Move the Crop Mark rectangle on the art work to make a
- You may even have to reduce the image size to make the crop work
with your artwork.
- Once the right composition is achieved, crop the image.
- Transfer the newly cropped image to the Bevel_Test window.
- Select the entire layer (Ctrl + A).
- Copy the selection (Ctrl + C).
- Activate the Bevel_Test window (click on its menu bar).
- Paste the image into Bevel_Test (Ctrl + V).
III. Make changes to the View Menu
- Go to View Menu and duplicate the settings below.
- Compare your Bevel_Test with the sample below.
- The ruler displayed as per Show Ruler option under the View Menu.
- The yellow grid lines as per Preference setting.
- The red guidelines has not been created yet.
- Pull out the red guidelines from the ruler. Use the sample above
as a guide.
- Click and hold the cursor on the left ruler.
- Drag the cursor into the screen.
- As soon as the cursor clears the ruler, a red vertical line
with follow the cursor tip.
- The red line will snap to the yellow grid line.
- Release the mouse on that first grid line.
- Pull a second guideline from the ruler.
- Let it snap to the second grid line and release mouse button.
- Pull two more vertical guideline and place them on the right
side repeating the pattern as shown above.
- Pull out the horizontal guidelines from the top ruler.
- Position all four horizontal guideline as shown above.
- Hide the ruler and the grid using the following steps.
- Eliminate the ruler (View > Hide Ruler).
- Eliminate the grid (View > Hide Grid).
- Hiding the grid eliminates the snap to grid function.
Click Next to continue / Part 2