in the following hack for WebStore!
This hack will allow your database driven store to have a more detailed
product page. This is good if you are wanting to display a larger photo
or a detailed description, etc. I tried to explain this as clearly as
I could, its quite involved. Good luck...
1. The first step is too save a duplicate web_store.cgi file but
call it something else.(ex details.cgi) We'll edit this later.
2. Set up your @sc_db_index_for_display and $sc_product_display_row
in the setup file like you normally would. This would be what you
want the initial display to be, the display without the extra details.
3. Now create a seperate set of variables, this time with the more
detailed display. You'll have to name those something else as well.
(e.g. @sc_db_index_for_displayB and $sc_product_display_rowB)
4. In details.cgi or whatever you named the duplicate web_store.cgi,
you'll have to edit a few things so the script will look for those new
variables created in step 3 above.
- At around line 1980, look for something that says...
foreach $display_index (@sc_db_index_for_display)
Change the @sc_db_index_for_display part to match your new 2nd variable
from step 3 (ex @sc_db_index_for_displayB)
- Next at around 2060 look for...
and change the $sc_product_display_row part to again match step 3
5. Now all you have to do is create a search request link pointing to
details.cgi like this...
<A HREF="details.cgi?search_request_button=yes&keywords=PRODUCT_ID_HERE&cart_id =$cart_id">click for more details</A>
You would probably stick this at the bottom of $sc_product_display_row
and plug in a %s where product_id would go after keywords.
A few tips for the "click for more details" link