WebCal Hacks Archive
Here you go...
- WebCal Facility Manager - Online system to allow employees
to reserve time for a facility. Sent in by a Princeton Intern, .
- The WebKids WebCal -
wrote in to let me know they had released a modification
of WebCal and that they were providing the source code to
anyone who might be interested.
- Bug Fix for WebCal
Modify and Delete - have you been having trouble
with modifications and deletions? Here is the reason why and
- Previous/Next Month Buttons
Simplified - previous and next month links on the
calendar to make navigation just a little bit easier.
Monthly Databases for Web Cal
- Assorted Hacks on WebCal
by Bruce batten. these are a bunch of small, but useful changes
that many might want to implement.
- The Marlboro Calendar Hacks
a bunch of fantastic features to the WebCalendar including:
The documentation is available here.
- 1) displayed times for calendar events,
- 2) color-coded and user-selectable categories of events,
- 3) printable version of calendar, with selectable fonts and sizes,
- 4)daily updated .html version of calendar, which loads quickly,
- 5)monthly event databases, again for speed considerations,
- 6) duplication of events, in addition to usual creation/modification.
- has set up a wonderful site to document his changes to webCal. One
of the coolest hacks is the addition of a "recurring
- WebCal Administrator -
made quite a
few modifications to WebCal in order to make the group/user/admin
functions work more smoothly. He also added plenty of great
- Calendar Planner Hack -
Haven't you always wanted a "weekly view" to WebCal? How
about "next" and "previous" butons? Well, Alex Cai sent
in the code for us all!
- Adding 1/2 Hour Increments and Custom
Subject Font Color to WebCal - sent in this report of how he modified the calendar
to include 1/2 hour increments (and another hack to allow the user
to define FONT color.
- WebCal+ -
sent in this modification that generates
calendars allowing multiple users to view, add to, modify,
and delete. Administrative tasks are incorporated,
as well as security, allowing public (read only) access,
and two levels of interaction with the calendar. This script
allows multiple calendar configurations to be used for
different topics, all running off of the same master script.
- Chuck Mayo's Multiple View Calendar -
Some excellent modifications to change the views in the
calendar like an events list & thumbnail calendars.
- WebCal in German - Check out this excellent
translated application and documentation explaining how it was done.
on installing scripts (particularly WebCal) on a
Windows web server from